Making a No Win – No Fee Personal Injury Compensation Claim
Many people worry about the cost of making a claim and believe that making a claim will result in them having to pay expensive legal costs. To provide you with peace of mind about the costs of your claim we work on a No win – No fee basis with no hidden charges or upfront fees.
No Win – No Fee means that:
- if you lose your case you pay us nothing
- we only charge for our services if your case is successful and we recover compensation for you
- due to recent changes to the law we can only claim part of of our costs from the opponent
- the remainder of our charges will be paid by you out of any compensation received, however, the maximum amount that you will be expected to pay is a sum equivalent to 25% of your compensation for personal injury and past financial losses
- there is no risk to you in pursuing the claim as we, the lawyers, are taking the risk for you
- there are no hidden charges or fees and nothing to pay upfront.
- No win – no fee funding was introduced as a replacement for legal Aid as a means of allowing an injured Claimant to make a claim for compensation regardless of their own financial position. This means that everyone can afford to instruct a solicitor to bring a claim without having to find funds to pay legal costs as costs are only payable at the end of a successful case when compensation has been awarded.
This provides a ‘level playing field’ and allows injured claimants to instruct an expert personal injury solicitor to pursue their claim against much bigger opponents, such as insurance companies and large corporations, and obtain the compensation to which they are legally entitled.
Are there alternatives to no win – no fee?
There are a number of different ways of funding the legal costs of a personal injury claim. For instance you may have legal expenses cover as part of an insurance policy which you already have – for example, your motor policy, your household policy, or a bank / credit card scheme. If you are a member of a trade union you may be entitled to union assistance with funding. However, if you do not have existing means of funding a claim we will be happy to work on a ‘no win – no fee’ basis.
At the outset of your claim we will discuss with you all the alternatives for funding your claim to ensure that the most suitable method of funding is used. In the majority of cases the most appropriate method is on a No Win – No Fee basis.
More questions? Contact us!
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have about the cost